Privacy with ActiveCampaign
Transcend automatically fulfills privacy requests in ActiveCampaign and other major data systems.
ActiveCampaign is a marketing automation and CRM platform.
Transcend can access and erase contact information.
Looking to comply with GDPR and CCPA data subject access and erasure requests (DSRs)?
Deleting data in ActiveCampaign
Transcend allows you to programmatically access and erase contact information in the ActiveCampaign platform in accordance with data privacy regulations like GDPR and CCPA.
Setting up the ActiveCampaign integration
To get started, make sure you're logged in to Transcend. If not, log in to Transcend here. To configure the ActiveCampaign integration, you'll want to:
- Navigate to Data Map > Add data silo > ActiveCampaign.
- Provide the following two items when prompted: (1) the API key for your ActiveCampaign instance, located at https://your-active-campaign-subdomain.activehosted.com/app/settings/developer and (2) the subdomain for your ActiveCampaign instance.
- Success! Once connected, navigate to the Privacy Center tab. You'll need to map the data in ActiveCampaign to your Data Practices. To do this, create a new Category as well as a new Data Collection with the appropriate naming convention (e.g. "Contact Information"). When you're done, hit publish.
- Navigate back to your Data Map and click into the ActiveCampaign data silo. Expand "Manage Datapoints" and select the Collection Label (Category) you created in the previous step from the dropdown. You can also choose which data actions (e.g. access or erasure) are enabled for which datapoints.
- Next, while still in the ActiveCampaign data silo, expand "Manage Identifiers". Check the respective boxes for which identifiers you'd like enabled. As an example, if you'd like Transcend to search users by email address, you'd check the box to enable the Email Address identifier. Note: if identifiers are not enabled correctly, we may not be able to process requests for certain users.
We recommend testing requests across your Data Map before you start processing requests from end-users. To do this:
- Go to Privacy Center and click "View your Privacy Center".
- From your Privacy Center, click Take Control, then Download my data. You'll need to enter your email or login to authenticate yourself before submitting the request.
- Check your email for a message from Transcend. You'll be asked to click on a verification link to verify the request. Confirm your download request.
- Next, back in the Admin Dashboard, navigate to the Incoming Requests tab and select your request. If you don't see the request here, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Once you've clicked into your request, navigate to the Data Silos tab and select ActiveCampaign. Inspect the data returned.
- Finally, navigate to the Report tab and click Approve and Send. You should receive the report at the email address you submitted with the request.
Removing the ActiveCampaign integration
To remove the ActiveCampaign data silo from your Data Map, navigate to your Data Map, and click into ActiveCampaign. At the bottom of the screen, expand "Remove ActiveCampaign". Click Remove Silo. You'll be prompted to confirm that you'd like to remove the silo, click Ok. Confirm the silo has been removed by navigating back to your Data Map.