Privacy with Jira
Transcend automatically fulfills privacy requests in Jira and other major data systems.
Jira Service Desk is a help desk platform for user support.
Transcend can access customer information, service desk requests and request comments, as well as erase customer profile information.
Looking to comply with GDPR and CCPA data subject access and erasure requests (DSRs)?
Deleting data in Jira
Transcend allows you to programmatically access and erase customer, requests, and request comments in the Jira platform in accordance with data privacy regulations like GDPR and CCPA.
Setting up the Jira integration
To get started, make sure you're logged in to Transcend. If not, log in to Transcend here. To configure the Jira integration, you'll want to:
- Navigate to Data Map > Add data silo > Jira.
- Transcend can connect directly to your Atlassian account, which includes your Jira Instances. To enable the JIRA Service Desk integration, you must log-in with an email that has the proper top-level Atlassian permissions. To make sure you have these permissions:
- Log in to the Atlassian admin site. You should see a list of your Atlassian organizations (each associated with a unique Atlassian site).
- If you don't see your organizations or are prompted to create an organization, you lack the permissions necessary to enable this integration.
- After logging in as a top-level admin, click Connect below.
- Success! Once connected, navigate to the Privacy Center tab. You'll need to map the data in Jira to your Data Practices. To do this, create a new Category as well as a new Data Collection with the appropriate naming convention (e.g. "Contact Information"). When you're done, hit publish.
- Navigate back to your Data Map and click into the Jira data silo. Expand "Manage Datapoints" and select the Collection Label (Category) you created in the previous step from the dropdown. You can also choose which data actions (e.g. access or erasure) are enabled for which datapoints.
- Next, while still in the Jira data silo, expand "Manage Identifiers". Check the respective boxes for which identifiers you'd like enabled. As an example, if you'd like Transcend to search users by email address, you'd check the box to enable the Email Address identifier. Note: if identifiers are not enabled correctly, we may not be able to process requests for certain users.
We recommend testing requests across your Data Map before you start processing requests from end-users. To do this:
- Go to Privacy Center and click "View your Privacy Center".
- From your Privacy Center, click Take Control, then Download my data. You'll need to enter your email or login to authenticate yourself before submitting the request.
- Check your email for a message from Transcend. You'll be asked to click on a verification link to verify the request. Confirm your download request.
- Next, back in the Admin Dashboard, navigate to the Incoming Requests tab and select your request. If you don't see the request here, contact us at email@example.com.
- Once you've clicked into your request, navigate to the Data Silos tab and select Jira. Inspect the data returned.
- Finally, navigate to the Report tab and click Approve and Send. You should receive the report at the email address you submitted with the request.
Removing the Jira integration
To remove the Jira data silo from your Data Map, navigate to your Data Map, and click into Jira. At the bottom of the screen, expand "Remove Jira". Click Remove Silo. You'll be prompted to confirm that you'd like to remove the silo, click Ok. Confirm the silo has been removed by navigating back to your Data Map.