Privacy with Amplitude
Transcend automatically fulfills privacy requests in Amplitude and other major data systems.
Amplitude is a behavioral analytics platform for web & mobile.
Transcend can access and erase user device activity.
Looking to comply with GDPR and CCPA data subject access and erasure requests (DSRs)?
Deleting data in Amplitude
Transcend allows you to programmatically access and erase user device activity in the Amplitude platform in accordance with data privacy regulations like GDPR and CCPA.
Setting up the Amplitude integration
To get started, make sure you're logged in to Transcend. If not, log in to Transcend here. To configure the Amplitude integration, you'll want to:
- Navigate to Data Map > Add data silo > Amplitude.
- Log in to Amplitude as a user with administrative privileges. Navigate to your projects, click Settings in the bottom left, then Projects in the top left. Select the appropriate project. Copy and paste the API and secret keys into Transcend. If you'd like to include data from more than one project, you'll need to connect each project separately as its own Amplitude data silo.
- Success! Once connected, navigate to the Privacy Center tab. You'll need to map the data in Amplitude to your Data Practices. To do this, create a new Category as well as a new Data Collection with the appropriate naming convention (e.g. "Contact Information"). When you're done, hit publish.
- Navigate back to your Data Map and click into the Amplitude data silo. Expand "Manage Datapoints" and select the Collection Label (Category) you created in the previous step from the dropdown. You can also choose which data actions (e.g. access or erasure) are enabled for which datapoints.
- Next, while still in the Amplitude data silo, expand "Manage Identifiers". Check the respective boxes for which identifiers you'd like enabled. As an example, if you'd like Transcend to search users by email address, you'd check the box to enable the Email Address identifier. Note: if identifiers are not enabled correctly, we may not be able to process requests for certain users.
We recommend testing requests across your Data Map before you start processing requests from end-users. To do this:
- Go to Privacy Center and click "View your Privacy Center".
- From your Privacy Center, click Take Control, then Download my data. You'll need to enter your email or login to authenticate yourself before submitting the request.
- Check your email for a message from Transcend. You'll be asked to click on a verification link to verify the request. Confirm your download request.
- Next, back in the Admin Dashboard, navigate to the Incoming Requests tab and select your request. If you don't see the request here, contact us at email@example.com.
- Once you've clicked into your request, navigate to the Data Silos tab and select Amplitude. Inspect the data returned.
- Finally, navigate to the Report tab and click Approve and Send. You should receive the report at the email address you submitted with the request.
Removing the Amplitude integration
To remove the Amplitude data silo from your Data Map, navigate to your Data Map, and click into Amplitude. At the bottom of the screen, expand "Remove Amplitude". Click Remove Silo. You'll be prompted to confirm that you'd like to remove the silo, click Ok. Confirm the silo has been removed by navigating back to your Data Map.