Privacy with Chargebee
Transcend automatically fulfills privacy requests in Chargebee and other major data systems.
Chargebee is a billing management system for SaaS and web apps.
Transcend can access financial data like payment profiles, associated charges, connected bank accounts, promotional credits, and gifts. Transcend can access and erase subscriptions, payment methods, payment invoices, and payment-related notes/comments.
Looking to comply with GDPR and CCPA data subject access and erasure requests (DSRs)?
Deleting data in Chargebee
Transcend allows you to programmatically access, erase, user data in the Chargebee platform in accordance with data privacy regulations like GDPR and CCPA.
Setting up the Chargebee integration
To get started, make sure you're logged in to Transcend. If not, log in to Transcend here. To configure the Chargebee integration, you'll want to:
- Navigate to Data Map > Add data silo > Chargebee.
- First log in to Chargebee. Select your Chargebee site from the list. If you have multiple sites, you will need to connect them as separate data silos, so just select one for now.
- Your URL should now have the form: "https://[YOUR SUBDOMAIN].chargebee.com/dashboards/?" The text between the "https://" and the first period is your subdomain -- copy this value.
- Next find your API Key by choosing "Settings" > "Configure Chargebee" on the left menu.
- Scroll down to the "API Keys and Webhooks" and click "API Keys".
- If you don't already have an API Key, click "Add API Key," select "Full-Access Key," and give it any name you'd like.
- Copy your API Key and save it for the form on the next page.
- As a reminder, if you have more than one Chargebee site, you can connect each as a separate silo. Here is a link to the list of your sites for convenience.
- Success! Once connected, navigate to the Privacy Center tab. You'll need to map the data in Chargebee to your Data Practices. To do this, create a new Category as well as a new Data Collection with the appropriate naming convention (e.g. "Payment Comments or User Profile"). When you're done, hit publish.
- Navigate back to your Data Map and click into the Chargebee data silo. Expand "Manage Datapoints" and select the Collection Label (Category) you created in the previous step from the dropdown. You can also choose which data actions (e.g. access or erasure) are enabled for which datapoints.
- Next, while still in the Chargebee data silo, expand "Manage Identifiers". Check the respective boxes for which identifiers you'd like enabled. As an example, if you'd like Transcend to search users by email address, you'd check the box to enable the Email Address identifier. Note: if identifiers are not enabled correctly, we may not be able to process requests for certain users.
We recommend testing requests across your Data Map before you start processing requests from end-users. To do this:
- Go to Privacy Center and click "View your Privacy Center".
- From your Privacy Center, click Take Control, then Download my data. You'll need to enter your email or login to authenticate yourself before submitting the request.
- Check your email for a message from Transcend. You'll be asked to click on a verification link to verify the request. Confirm your download request.
- Next, back in the Admin Dashboard, navigate to the Incoming Requests tab and select your request. If you don't see the request here, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Once you've clicked into your request, navigate to the Data Silos tab and select Chargebee. Inspect the data returned.
- Finally, navigate to the Report tab and click Approve and Send. You should receive the report at the email address you submitted with the request.
Removing the Chargebee integration
To remove the Chargebee data silo from your Data Map, navigate to your Data Map, and click into Chargebee. At the bottom of the screen, expand "Remove Chargebee". Click Remove Silo. You'll be prompted to confirm that you'd like to remove the silo, click Ok. Confirm the silo has been removed by navigating back to your Data Map.