Privacy with Splash
Transcend automatically fulfills privacy requests in Splash and other major data systems.
Splash is a powerful and intuitive event marketing platform.
Transcend can access and erase user contact information.
Looking to comply with GDPR and CCPA data subject access and erasure requests (DSRs)?
Deleting data in Splash
Transcend allows you to programmatically access, erase, and opt users out of communication in the Splash platform in accordance with data privacy regulations like GDPR and CCPA.
Setting up the Splash integration
To get started, make sure you're logged in to Transcend. If not, log in to Transcend here. To configure the Splash integration, you'll want to:
- Navigate to Data Map > Add data silo > Splash.
- Transcend can connect directly to your Splash account. To give Transcend access, please follow the following steps:
- API keys are obtained by reaching out to a Splash Customer Success Manager, click here for more details.
- The Client ID and Client Secret will be tied to a specific account, the credentials of which should be supplied in the connection form for the Splash integration alongside the Client ID and Client Secret. The account used to log in must be an admin account, or permissions for anonymizing contacts will be insufficient.
- Success! Once connected, navigate to the Privacy Center tab. You'll need to map the data in Splash to your Data Practices. To do this, create a new Category as well as a new Data Collection with the appropriate naming convention (e.g. "Contact Info"). When you're done, hit publish.
- Navigate back to your Data Map and click into the Splash data silo. Expand "Manage Datapoints" and select the Collection Label (Category) you created in the previous step from the dropdown. You can also choose which data actions (e.g. access, erasure) are enabled for which datapoints.
- Next, while still in the Splash data silo, expand "Manage Identifiers". Check the respective boxes for which identifiers you'd like enabled. As an example, if you'd like Transcend to search users by email address, you'd check the box to enable the Email Address identifier. Note: if identifiers are not enabled correctly, we may not be able to process requests for certain users.
We recommend testing requests across your Data Map before you start processing requests from end-users. To do this:
- Go to Privacy Center and click "View your Privacy Center".
- From your Privacy Center, click Take Control, then Download my data. You'll need to enter your email or login to authenticate yourself before submitting the request.
- Check your email for a message from Transcend. You'll be asked to click on a verification link to verify the request. Confirm your download request.
- Next, back in the Admin Dashboard, navigate to the Incoming Requests tab and select your request. If you don't see the request here, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Once you've clicked into your request, navigate to the Data Silos tab and select Splash. Inspect the data returned.
- Finally, navigate to the Report tab and click Approve and Send. You should receive the report at the email address you submitted with the request.
Removing the Splash integration
To remove the Splash data silo from your Data Map, navigate to your Data Map, and click into Splash. At the bottom of the screen, expand "Remove Splash". Click Remove Silo. You'll be prompted to confirm that you'd like to remove the silo, click Ok. Confirm the silo has been removed by navigating back to your Data Map.