Transcend allows you to programmatically delete user data in the Google Ads platform in accordance with data privacy regulations like GDPR and CCPA.
Setting up the Google Ads integration
To get started, make sure you're logged in to Transcend. If not, log in to Transcend here. To configure the Google Ads integration, you'll want to:
- Navigate to Data Map > Add data silo > Google Ads.
- Login to Google Ads and copy the 10-digit Account ID in the upper-right hand corner of the dashboard, under your account name/email address. Note: you can only connect your Google Ads account to Transcend once. If you encounter an error, you may need to remove our application from the permission dashboard.
- Success! Once connected, navigate to the Privacy Center tab. You'll need to map the data in Google Ads to your Data Practices. To do this, create a new Category as well as a new Data Collection with the appropriate naming convention (e.g. "Advertising data" or "User online activities"). When you're done, hit publish.
- Navigate back to your Data Map and click into the Google Ads data silo. Expand "Manage Datapoints" and ensure the Erasure Enabled checkbox is checked.
- Next, while still in the Google Ads data silo, expand "Manage Identifiers". Check the respective boxes for which identifiers you'd like enabled. As an example, if you'd like Transcend to search users by email address, you'd check the box to enable the Email Address identifier. Note: if identifiers are not enabled correctly, we may not be able to process requests for certain users.
Removing the Google Ads integration
To remove the Google Ads data silo from your Data Map, navigate to your Data Map, and click into Google Ads. At the bottom of the screen, expand "Remove Google Ads". Click Remove Silo. You'll be prompted to confirm that you'd like to remove the silo, click Ok. Confirm the silo has been removed by navigating back to your Data Map.