Transcend allows you to programmatically delete user data in the Google Analytics platform in accordance with data privacy regulations like GDPR and CCPA.
Setting up the Google Analytics integration
To get started, make sure you're logged in to Transcend. If not, log in to Transcend here. To configure the Google Analytics integration, you'll want to:
- Navigate to Data Map > Add data silo. Search for Google Analytics, click into the module and then click Connect.
- You will be prompted to login to your Google Analytics instance via OAuth, using the Google credentials you already have.
- Success! Once connected, navigate to the Privacy Center tab. You'll need to map the data in Google Analytics to your Data Practices. To do this, create a new Category as well as a new Data Collection with the appropriate naming convention (e.g. "Analytics Data"). When you're done, hit publish.
- Navigate back to your Data Map and click into the Google Analytics data silo. Expand "Manage Datapoints" and check the box for Erasure to enable the data action.
- Follow the steps here to setup identity enrichment.
- Next, while still in the Google Analytics data silo, expand "Manage Identifiers". Check the box to enable the googleAnalyticsInternalId
identifier. Note: if identifiers are not enabled correctly, we may not be able to process requests.
We recommend testing requests across your Data Map before you start processing requests from end-users. To do this:
- Go to Privacy Center and click "View your Privacy Center".
- From your Privacy Center, click Take Control, then Erase. You'll need to enter your email or login to authenticate yourself before submitting the request.
- Check your email for a message from Transcend. You'll be asked to click on a verification link to verify the request. Confirm your erasure request.
- Next, back in the Admin Dashboard, navigate to the Incoming Requests tab and select your request. If you don't see the request here, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Once you've clicked into your request, navigate to the Data Silos tab and select Google Analytics. Once the data silo is ready, you will notice the status change from Compiling to Ready.
- Finally, navigate to the Data Silos tab and click the orange "Begin Erasure Now" button. You should receive the report at the email address you submitted with the request once the erasure is complete.
Removing the Google Analytics integration
To remove the Google Analytics data silo from your Data Map, navigate to your Data Map, and click into Google Analytics. At the bottom of the screen, expand "Remove Google Analytics". Click Remove Silo. You'll be prompted to confirm that you'd like to remove the silo, click Ok. Confirm the silo has been removed by navigating back to your Data Map.