Privacy with Campaign Monitor
Transcend automatically fulfills privacy requests in Campaign Monitor and other major data systems.
Campaign Monitor drives results with email marketing.
Transcend can access mailing lists users are on, remove users from those lists, and access historic data on all types of events related to a list subscriber.
Looking to comply with GDPR and CCPA data subject access and erasure requests (DSRs)?
Deleting data in Campaign Monitor
Transcend allows you to programmatically access, erase, and opt users out of communication in the Campaign Monitor platform in accordance with data privacy regulations like GDPR and CCPA.
Setting up the Campaign Monitor integration
To get started, make sure you're logged in to Transcend. If not, log in to Transcend here. To configure the Campaign Monitor integration, you'll want to:
- Navigate to Data Map > Add data silo > Campaign Monitor.
- Transcend can connect directly to your Campaign Monitor account using OAuth. Your account must have permission to manage Lists and import Subscribers.
- Success! Once connected, navigate to the Privacy Center tab. You'll need to map the data in Campaign Monitor to your Data Practices. To do this, create a new Category as well as a new Data Collection with the appropriate naming convention (e.g. "Mailing Lists or User Profile"). When you're done, hit publish.
- Navigate back to your Data Map and click into the Campaign Monitor data silo. Expand "Manage Datapoints" and select the Collection Label (Category) you created in the previous step from the dropdown. You can also choose which data actions (e.g. access or erasure) are enabled for which datapoints.
- Next, while still in the Campaign Monitor data silo, expand "Manage Identifiers". Check the respective boxes for which identifiers you'd like enabled. As an example, if you'd like Transcend to search users by email address, you'd check the box to enable the Email Address identifier. Note: if identifiers are not enabled correctly, we may not be able to process requests for certain users.
We recommend testing requests across your Data Map before you start processing requests from end-users. To do this:
- Go to Privacy Center and click "View your Privacy Center".
- From your Privacy Center, click Take Control, then Download my data. You'll need to enter your email or login to authenticate yourself before submitting the request.
- Check your email for a message from Transcend. You'll be asked to click on a verification link to verify the request. Confirm your download request.
- Next, back in the Admin Dashboard, navigate to the Incoming Requests tab and select your request. If you don't see the request here, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Once you've clicked into your request, navigate to the Data Silos tab and select Campaign Monitor. Inspect the data returned.
- Finally, navigate to the Report tab and click Approve and Send. You should receive the report at the email address you submitted with the request.
Removing the Campaign Monitor integration
To remove the Campaign Monitor data silo from your Data Map, navigate to your Data Map, and click into Campaign Monitor. At the bottom of the screen, expand "Remove Campaign Monitor". Click Remove Silo. You'll be prompted to confirm that you'd like to remove the silo, click Ok. Confirm the silo has been removed by navigating back to your Data Map.